Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Reading is Sexy...

...so bring sexy back!

This is my attempt to have a common place for all of us to share books with eachother. Let's swap titles (swapping spit is so 5 years ago!). We can use this as a place to start a post about a book we just finished; did we love it? Hate it? Read it twice? Is it a best cellar (ok, so I have wine on the brain;) or an unsung hero of literature?

I'll manage the blog and I'd love you all to incorporate. Ideally we could use this to reference titles when we need a new book, discuss authors or characters and maybe use our heads a little. Not a lot mind you, the Fall issue of Vogue is pending completion! Perhaps we could get this to where we can manage a lending library and circulate the books. The best books are the ones that are shared by many.

So, what are you reading?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sign me up and call me Oprah, I'm excited! I did just finish reading "Please Stop Laughing at Me" by Jodee Blanco. Hell, High School is tough for everyone, but my days as the drama/band geek fade in comparison to this book. At least there's a happy ending, and now she's making millions on the book : )
http://books.google.com/books?id=Drs2CS_51_4C&dq=&pg=PP1&ots=jlpDjy_cuF&sig=ODb2vRMFeJ9sgTtF2QwoNjProag&prev=http://www.google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dplease%2Bstop%2Blaughing%2Bat%2Bme%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch&sa=X&oi=print&ct=title

Kristin Good Times said...

I think this is a fab idea EJ!
Considering our book club *live* didn't really survive, a blogalicious book club will work out perfectly!

Anonymous said...

As a sexy librarian-to-be, this will be so much fun!

I just re-read "A Prayer for Owen Meany." Such a great read, highly recommend. Another good one is "Reading Lolita in Tehran." Makes you want to read all the classics you skipped in high school. But is kind of a tear jerker.

PoppedCollarBonner said...

Eileen! This is the best idea ever! We might make it to the Oprah show with this one!!!

Right now I am reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Housseini who also wrote The Kite Runner. This book is written from the womens perspective of Afganistan. It is fascinating, thrilling, sexy, and will make you want to hunt down your local Indian joint a few times a week. The food descriptions are so vivid and we don't have any Afgani restaurants around so Indian is the next best thing. It starts before the Russian coup and follows the story of the fall of the coup, and well I am only half way though so I don't know much more about the history that it details but thus far the book has been great about detailing how the war/coup effects women, three women specifically.