Reading Malcolm Gladwell's "Tipping Point" is like reading a philosophy and statistics text book in one. He points out the obvious as formulated theoretics....in other words, he has way too much time on his hands to be sitting around pondering how Hushpuppies became popular in the mid 90's.
I can't completely dis this read. After I pass the mind-numbing statistical study of each subject, I find it quite interesting to read his point of view and how he came up with it.
If you're bored of mysteries or love stories and would like to know why Paul Revere's ride was such a success or how Sesame Street became the most successful children's television program (before Blues Clues of course), then you may want to pick it up and give the first couple of chapters a whirl.
Be aware it has taken me a good few months to get through it....and I'm not quite finished!
No comments:
Post a Comment